We have a new look! Thank you for your patience as we migrate our article content! Check back, we have lots to view!
I want to personally welcome each one of you to our community and encourage you to explore, contribute, and share within the website. It is our mission and vision to enhance and grow this emotionally thriving and healthy community. There are many...
Dr. Kristin Neff spoke on December 5 at Kane Hall in Seattle WA, in an event organized by the Center for Child and Family Wellness at the University of Washington. Dr. Neff, currently an Associate Professor at UT-Austin, is the originator of academic interest in the concept of "self-compassion", which brings together elements of Buddhist practice and Western psychology...What we try to accomplish in our groups can easily be extrapolated in our larger community, and even globally: self-awareness, self-reflection, the ability to empathize with others, acceptance of diversity, the ability to both stay connected to others...This must be one of the most common questions asked by concerned parents. "Will I spoil my baby if I pick him up each time he cries?" Everybody shudders at the thoughts of raising a spoiled child, but can you really spoil a baby?The RedPed Groups for Mothers of Infants and its Development into a Community Service Program by Diana Mandell, M.Ed.The RedPed psycho-educational group model for mothers of infants is predicated on the idea that the most important task of mothering for an infant involves the holding and containing of infant feelings. The inner processes of the mother's intense focus...
- Navigating the choppy waters of life with a ‘threenager’
- Your Adult Siblings May Be The Secret To A Long, Happy Life
- Minding the Kids
- A Model of Mindful Parenting
- Meditation: A Family Rx
- Mindfulness, Children and Parenting: An Interview with Amy Saltzman, MD
- Empathy's Natural, but Nurturing It Helps
- The Social World of Newborns
- The Heart Grows Smarter
- Self-Control Is Just Empathy With Your Future Self
- Messages Your Children Need To Hear The Day After The Election
- Listening Ears, Helpful for Parents Too
- How Kids Learn Resilience
- 32 Steps on the Rocky and Rewarding Path of Motherhood and Self-Discovery
- The Hard Data on Self-Love and Why It Leads to Success
- Harvard MRI Study Shows That Meditation Literally Rebuilds Your Brain’s Gray Matter In 8 Weeks
- Mindful Parenting Reduces Child Stress
- Stress and Resiliency
- Understanding Your Child's Temperament