Finding Calm - Strengthening Bonds Through The Path Of Self-Kindness
Our Finding Calm program offers a unique opportunity for parents and caregivers of children 6 months to 6 years old to learn mindful-based skills to help reduce stress, enhance strong bonds, explore mindful self-compassion and encourage balance.
- Thur Sept 19 - 6:30-8:30PM - Microsoft Redmond Campus - Facilitator - Maria Gehl - OPEN
- Wed Sept 25 - 7:00-8:30 PM Seward Park (South Seattle) - Facilitators - Gina Baird and Megan Slade - OPEN
- Mon Oct 21 - 10:30AM-12:00 PM Mercer Island - Facilitator - TBD - OPEN
Six Week Series Offers:
- Mindful based skills to help reduce stress and encourage balance
- An environment to discover your own inner wisdom
- Skilled professionals & mindfully trained facilitators
- Parent & child self-awareness with a focus on self-regulation, self-compassion and parent and child emotional development
- Emphasis on the importance of parent/child attachment
- Parental confidence and empowerment
- A community of like-minded parents who aspire to be the best parents they can be and are willing to embark on the parenting journey with an open mind, curiosity and willingness to explore
- To appreciate your own parenting journey as they nurture your innate internal wisdom.
- To realize the impact and importance of being present and practicing Self-Compassion.
- To learn more about being attuned to your child’s needs and how that fosters secure attachment.
- To understand and move beyond fears, to embrace the joys of parenthood and transition to the dynamic of an enhanced family.
- To create an opportunity for deepening the connection with yourself and your child as well as creating relationships with other parents.
- To understand the importance of listening, staying connected with your partner and modeling intimacy for your child.
- To learn mindfully self-compassionate tools to add to your self-care toolbox.
- To find time to deepen your awareness through key readings and reflection exercises.
- Week 1: Introduction to the following concepts: mindfulness, self-compassion, and common humanity.
- Week 2: Mindful Integration: Understanding our brain's responses in various situations.
- Week 3: Mindful Body/Sensations: Understanding our body's response in various situations.
- Week 4: Mindful Connection: Understanding attunement and practicing active listening.
- Week 5: Mindful Emotions: Understanding our reactions and responses to various emotions.
- Week 6: Mindful Gratitude: Practicing gratitude, concept of "Good Enough Parent" and wrap up.
To find a list of Listening Mothers groups currently being offered, please see HERE.
To find an available class, please view our CALENDAR.
If you know the group you would like to join, please fill out the REGISTRATION FORM.
Finding Calm meets weekly for six weeks. The fee for an indiviual is $195. Discounted rate of $295 available for couples. In most cases there are also partial SCHOLARSHIPS available for those in need. If you have questions regarding this, please let us know via the CONTACT PAGE.
Have you recently completed a class? Please take the time to tell us about your experience by taking our SURVEY. Your feedback is important to us.