Community of Mindful Parenting aspires to empower and connect parents by inviting them to join like-minded families in pursuit of mindful living. We offer two classes, Listening Mothers and Finding Calm, that support parents in learning mindful-based skills to help reduce stress, enhance strong bonds, explore mindful self-compassion and encourage balance.
The aim of both classes is to help parents develop skills to enhance their ability to understand and build stronger relationships with their children. Parents will come away with increased confidence by expanding their understanding of the meaning of their children’s behavior. This understanding helps parents better regulate their own and their child’s emotions with the intention to become less reactive and more reflective. Parents who are able to regain a state of calm are more engaged, more effective, and therefore feel empowered and successful.
Helping the parents of babies, birth through six months of age, to discover the joys of parenting.
Supporting parents and caregivers of children all ages.
- Mindful based skills to help reduce stress and encourage balance
- An environment to discover your own inner wisdom
- Skilled professionals & mindfully trained facilitators
- Parent & child self-awareness with a focus on self-regulation, self-compassion and parent and child emotional development
- Emphasis on the importance of parent/child attachment
- Parental confidence and empowerment
- A community of like-minded parents who aspire to be the best parents they can be and are willing to embark on the parenting journey with an open mind, curiosity and willingness to explore.
- To appreciate mother’s own journey as they nurture their innate internal wisdom.
- To realize the impact and importance of being present and practicing Self-Compassion.
- To learn more about being attuned to your babies needs and how that fosters secure attachment.
- To understand and move beyond their fears, to embrace the joys of motherhood and transition to the dynamic of their enhanced family.
- To create an opportunity for deepening the connection with themselves and their babies as well as creating relationships with other mothers in early postpartum.
- To understand the importance of listening, staying connected with their partner and modeling intimacy for their child.
- To learn mindful practice tools to add to their self-care toolbox.
- To find time to deepen their awareness by reading articles and or completing the reflection exercises that resonate with them.
“Taking the Listening Mothers course really helped me adjust to my new life as a parent. I now find myself able to understand and get in tune with my baby and am able to live more in the moment after taking this course. I looked forward to being in a calm, soothing environment with other new moms every week and having a safe place to learn and share my experiences. I would highly recommend this course to anyone who is looking to learn more about the benefits of mindfulness while exploring their journey into motherhood.”
~ Amy and baby Banks